Monday, November 3

Life's Too Short to Drink Bad Wine.
































It's true that you do need to be somewhat into wine to truly appreciate Hunter Valley and its many vineyards. I attempted visiting the Hunter last year and was seriously bummed out when I learnt I had come in the wrong season. I decided that I needed to visit this region again with a full weekend itinerary at hand and what an absolute joy it was!  


There aren't many budget style accommodations in the Hunter region but the H Boutique was reasonably priced, nicely fitted out and in a great location. Couldn't fault it to be honest! 


Situated 4 minutes from our Hotel was the Hunter Valley gardens. Entry fee was $25 (student discounts don't apply). Was slightly shocked as I'd visited some of the most charming gardens in Paris all free of charge - So was a little surprised at how much they charged and I wouldn't say I would pay that again as some bits seemed slightly run down.. However, the best part of the gardens turned out to be the Storybook section where nursery rhyme characters were featured and I felt slightly nostalgic reliving some of my childhood memories and dreams. 


We had 8 wineries lined up on our itinerary and I was elated to learn that they were all within a five minute driving range of where we lived (winning)! Our first stop was at the Audrey Wilkinson. A five star absolute must when visiting the Hunter Region with its breathtaking views and picturesque location. First Creek Wines, Bimbadagen Estate and Tempus Two all had a fashionable collection of award winning wines for tasting too. I think it's quite suffice to say that I got quite tipsy from all the wine tasting that happened - but that's all part of the Hunter experience, no? ;)

 Hope you enjoy the photos!

 ♡



No comments: